The awards this year have five categories further divided into over 50 sub categories with an objective to recognise both individual and team contribution. The categories are:
1. Technique Awards : There are 12 sub categories under this category that will be judged for outstanding campaigns. This will have three awards – Gold, Silver, Bronze.
a. Master of Technique : Each winner of Technique Awards will be awarded points:
three points for Gold, two points for Silver and one point for Bronze. The three organisations with the highest points will be awarded a Master of Technique Trophy – Gold, Silver and Bronze.
2. Sector Awards : There are 12 sub categories under this category that will be judged for outstanding campaigns in a particular sector. This will have one award of Gold.
3. COVID Special awards : This category has been added to honour extraordinary work done by brands that were focussed around COVID 19.These will follow timeline of March 1- April 30, 2020 . Please note a campaign must start post March 1,2020 .This will have one award of Gold.
4. Individual Awards : There will be no fee for this category Submissions may be self-nominated or nominated by the organisation or peers. These will be awarded to individuals from in-house teams that have a total of 20 years of experience. There are 12 individual categories that acknowledge professionals from corporate communications . To be evaluated only if three or more nominations are received in each sub category. This will be part of the rules and regulations (No award to be given otherwise.)
5. Special awards : These include seven sub categories which honour six outstanding entities and one individual for lifetime achievement.
A. Technique Awards (Campaign) Categories
There are 12 sub categories under the technique awards that will be judged for outstanding campaigns. This will have three awards that of Gold/ Silver/ Bronze.
Best Use of Content
Best Use of Creativity and Innovation
Best Use of Event
Best Use of Digital
Best Use of Integrated Communications (Must have three verticals integrated in a campaign. Various verticals are Employee Engagement / Digital / Traditional Media / Public Affairs / Community and Advocacy)
Best Use of Public Affairs
Best Management of Crisis
Best Use of Internal Communications
Best New Product Launch
Best Use of Media Relations
Best use of Community Outreach
Best Regional campaign (only implemented in Tier 2 cities)
B. Sector (Campaign) Awards Categories
There are 12 sub categories under the Sector Categories that will be judged for outstanding campaigns in particular sector. This will have one award of Gold.
Best Hospitality and Travel Sector Campaign
Best Automobile Sector Campaign
Best Luxury Campaign
Best Technology and Telecom Sector Campaign
Best Healthcare and Pharma Sector Campaign
Best Consumer Products and Retail Sector Campaign
Best Not-for-Profit and Associations Sector Campaign
Best Manufacturing Sector Campaign
Best Entertainment and Media Sector Campaign
Best Banking and Financial Services Sector Campaign
Best Services Sector Campaign
Best Sports Campaign
C. Individual Awards
Individual In House Awards: There are 12 individual categories that will honour professionals from Communications with 20 years of experience after graduation. There will be no charges of submission for this entry. Each sub category to be evaluated only if three or more nominations are received in each sub category
Hospitality and Travel
Technology and Telecom
Healthcare and Pharma
Consumer Products and Retail
Not-for-profit and Associations
Entertainment, Media and Celebrities
Banking and Financial Services
CS. COVID Special Category
This is open to both consultancies and corporates. Consultancies can even enter work done by them for their own firm.
Best use of Content
Best use of Creativity and Innovation
Best Employee Engagement
Best Advocacy Campaign
Best Government Relations Campaign
D. Special Awards Category
These include seven categories which honour seven outstanding entities. Except for Lifetime Achievement, which is nominated by the Jury, the other categories may be applied for.
In-House Team of the Year – Mid-size (2 – 4 team members)
In-House Team of the Year – Large (5 and above)
PR Consultancy of the Year – Small (Below 10 cr)
PR Consultancy of the Year – Mid-size (INR 10-25 cr)
PR Consultancy of the Year – Large (INR 25-50 cr)
PR Consultancy of the Year – Giant (INR 50 cr and above)